1) In case an actuator is used to change linear to circular movement, is strictly necessary that the fixed mountings are in the same plane, alignment, to permit the actuator a free rotation, thus when the actuator starts to extend it can turn freely.
2) Equally than the above, linear to circular movement, Remember that the maximum actuator efficiency is when there is 90º angle between the actuator rod and the axis to be moved.then for example, for 40º of movement the best angles are 70º-90º-110º.
3) The load to be moved or the required strength must to be centered with the actuator axis to avoid bending and premature breakage.
>See figure Nº 1
4) To avoid rod bending, both pins at the ends of the actuator should be parallel each other.
>See figure Nº 2
5) To avoid rod bending, the fixed mountings at the ends of the actuator should have an U shape to achieve the strength to be centered with the actuator axis.
>See figure Nº 3
6) To achieve the actuator gets a free rotation during the piston extension, it is recommended that there is an enough gap between the mountings holes and the pins.
7) It is important that the actuator supports are rigid enough to support the actuator start-stop torque.
>See figure Nº 4
8) To avoid premature wear or actuator jam, the pins set in the actuator end holes should be with good superficial finishing.
9) To avoid jams produced by dust plus oil in the joint, it is important that the assembly the actuator moves is over-sized, and the customer actuator strength requirement are over-sized also.
10) It is necessary for motor and circuit protection to put in the electrric circuit one thermal protector, polyswitch. For polyswitch sizing see the actuator particular section.
11) Remember that Welact 1 family actuators get two microswitch inside the compact design. Due to, any assembly to be moved has two ends, upper and lower dead points. It is essential that any actuator microswitch (upper or lower) interrupts before the piston arrives the end of the assembly, otherwise the actuator will break by a short circuit.
To avoid the fact we have seen before, it is essential to put an elastic element, like a spring, between the piston end of the actuator and the machine assembly, in this way, after the piston arrives the top of the assembly it should interrupts its internal current, and the gap between both is absorbed by the spring. The same occur in another end.